[Breezy] Icon problems ?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Thu Jul 7 03:50:20 UTC 2005

> > Just to be sure it's not just me, before I file a bug :
>
> It is not. I just checked and my Breezy also show the same icon
> behavior.

Okay thanks, bug report is on its way then...

> Actually, Evolution changes the current window-icon if you change the
> "section": it shows an envelope on Mail, a rolodex on contacts and so
> on. The launcher icon, on other hand, shows an envelope and a clock,
> which is a grouping of some of the functions. It may be inconsistent
> when open, but it seems right to me.

Hmmm, thanks for that. you are right, it does make sense.
It does shed some light, too, in that it seems that Gnome is NOT
responsible for what icon is displayed, as it seems, based on what
Evolution does, that it's up to each and every app to tell the system,
even dynamically, what icon to use.
So every time I see this problem, I should file a bug against the app,
not Gnome as such... you live and learn :-)

--
Vince