Goofed up my video drivers. No X

Al Gordon runlevel7 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 20:46:13 UTC 2005

On 7/6/05, Mario Guerra <guerramarioalberto at gmail.com> wrote:
> dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
>
> can help you.

That's what I was originally going to answer, but wanted to make sure
that the nvidia drivers were loaded as well.

Bradley, make sure when doing a dpkg-reconfigure, to choose either the
nvidia (restricted) or nv (open source) driver. I personally use the
nvidia driver rather than nv, and it works great for me. I play
Neverwinter Nights, Unreal Tournament 2004, etc. under Ubuntu Linux,
and the perofrmance of the OS and video driver is superb.

And, as noted by another reply, make sure to remove the ATI drivers,
if you have them already installed.

  -- AL --