GL screen savers don't start anymore...

ZIYAD A. M. AL-BATLY zamb at saudi.net.sa
Tue Jul 5 19:08:45 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 09:55 +0800, Senectus . wrote:
> Hmm I run that and I get this:
> @A31PTP:~$ glxinfo
> name of display: :0.0
> display: :0  screen: 0
> direct rendering: Yes
  <snip>

> Doesn't tell me much really.. i hope it says more to you.. :-P
> I can run glxgears without any problems.. and I can manually run the
> screensavers.. it's just that the system refuses to run them AS a
> screensaver..

You have a 3D Hardware Acceleration adapter (the "direct rendering: Yes"
line tells us that).

What happens when you go to "System" --> "Preferences" --> "Screensaver"
and selecting "Only One Screen Saver" from the drop-down menu, and
choosing, say, "Atlantis" from the available screen-savers and then
either:
      * clicking "Preview" or
      * selecting "Lock Screen" from the "System" main menu?
("Atlantis" is a 3D screen-saver in case you didn't know.  You could
choose any other 3D screen-saver you want.)

Tell us what you get.
Ziyad.