where is the gtk_config script

Mustafa Abbasi lordverminard at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 09:26:25 UTC 2005

no i got no responce using which gtk-config or from which gtk_config.
i compiled gtk cuz nvu gave this error.

>  i installed it in /opt/gtk.

also i had no idea ubutu offered the nvu package. i had tried using
synaptic.
but thing is i was able to compile nvu fine last time (before ubutu.. i
think it was in fedora).
i really want to know why its not working.

could anyone guide me to this step.

> *** If GTK was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
> *** your path,

it would be appreciated.how do i make prefix/bin in my path.
i am assuming prefix/bin means /opt/gtk/bin in my case.