where is the gtk_config script

Jon Dixon dixon.jon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 09:07:25 UTC 2005

On 7/5/05, Mustafa Abbasi <lordverminard at gmail.com> wrote:
> i just compiled gtk+ into /opt/gtk.
>  now i want to compile nvu but every time i try i get this error.
>  *** The gtk-config script installed by GTK could not be found.
>  *** If GTK was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
>  *** your path, or set the GTK_CONFIG environment variable to the
>  *** full path to gtk-config.
>  *** GTK+ is available from ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk
>  configure: error: Test for GTK failed.
>
>  please help me.

Hi Mustafa

If you do 'which gtk-config' do you get a response?

If not, you need to add your GTK installation into your PATH.

Is there a reason you're compiling nvu - I just got it from a repo.
GTK dev packages are already available in Ubuntu too.

HTH,

Jon

--
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we
can solve them.