Resizing ReiserFS Partitions -- Can it be done safely?

russell cook bike_oz at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jul 1 14:28:17 UTC 2005

Hi Paul,
I don't go to the trouble of lots of partitions. This install is about
8months old and I have Gnome and KDE on it and I've not used more then
4.5G of the / partition.

Here's my current partitioning scheme:

Filesystem    Type    Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/hdd1 reiserfs     15G  4.5G   11G  31% /
tmpfs        tmpfs    507M     0  507M   0% /dev/shm
/dev/hda1 reiserfs    197M   58M  139M  30% /boot
/dev/mapper/Linux-home
          reiserfs    187G  170G   18G  91% /home
/dev/hda5 reiserfs    2.0G   33M  2.0G   2% /tmp
/dev/hdd2 reiserfs     12G  2.2G  9.1G  20% /ubtest

ubtest, is where I have another Ubuntu install for testing i.e. AMD64 or
Breezy when it gets a bit more stable and I then share my /home
partition across the two. It seems to work for me, although I've had to
edit the grub menu.lst file manually a couple of time s when things have
got confused.

Other than that, this works for me, ymmv :-)

Kind Regards Russell

--
Kind Regards Russell