Skype problems was: tool for microphone

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Fri Jul 1 13:45:31 UTC 2005

Marek Pawinski wrote:
> Carl Karsten wrote:

>> That assumes skype works, which is not that reliable.
>>
>> If you turn up the levels enough, you can hear yourself talk - or get
>> feedback if you are not using headphones.
>>
>> Carl K
>>

> Carl let me know what problems you are having with skype, i will help
> you out, my skype works 100% on Hoary the Hedgehog :-)

You can't fix the real problems: It isn't open source, and it doesn't use a
standard protocol.

I have been playing with kphone, sjphone and yate - I am much happier with them.

Of course they aren't as popular as skype, but so far I haven't found anyone who
would install skype but not an OS app, so in this case popular isn't much of an issue.

Carl K