Gnome (and Linux) Sound Issues

David Coldrick coldrick at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 10:42:35 UTC 2005

Well, that didn't do much for me. I also was in the state where sound
generally worked for me except for DVDs, and DVD sound worked if I did
a killall esd.

Having followed the advice in the link, I had no sound at all. Trying
to undo this has not corrected the problem, but rather I now get 100%
cpu (and still no sound) when I try to play a CD).

Help!

Regards,
David