annoncing gaveman in hoary universe

tpls ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Mon Jan 31 09:07:01 UTC 2005

Hi Ari,

Yes, I'm still here but because the school I don't have always enough
time to write posts. You have never compiled program's in linux from
sources. It's easier than you ever can guess. The only you have to do
is unzip source-package and in sources directory you have to command
"./configure" and then "make" and then "make install". You have to be
root when you command make install. That's compiling in linux in a
nutshell. All commands must be executed in terminal (or console,
whatever you like to call it).

I'm sorry but now I don't enough time to descripe the whole thing to
you. According to your name, you are a Finn, aren't you?. In www there
is lots of different faqs and howtos which explain compiling. One of
the best sites is http://tapsa.terae.net/linux/index.php . Only in
finnish, sorry foreigners!

On the link below there is something in English.
http://www.faqs.org/contrib/yal/page7faq.htm

Tuomas

--
tpls