Video card

squareyes squareyes at optusnet.com.au
Mon Jan 31 04:45:43 UTC 2005

Hi all,
am having problems with my machine, either Video or motherboard, gone on holiday ( amd XP 1700  250 meg ram)
Have 2 queries.
have installed Ubuntu on my old machine, 166meg processor, 64 meg edo ram.
1.6 gig drive. On login and startx I get:
Xauth : error while loading shared libraries: libmuu.so.1 cannot open shared  object file: no such file or directory.
/usr/bin/X11/startx: line 132: cannot create temp file for here document: no space left on drive

I realize the drive is too small so would like to delete enough to be able to run X
Could some one let me know where I can find "whatever" to remove, have allready removed the games, all I really use: gnome, internet connection and Gimp.

I have an old S3 Virge-DX/GX video card I was going to install in the machine that is out to lunch, to check if it's the video card or the mother board, will it be recognized on boot up? If not what do I need to setup?
Thanks in advance, take care,
Winton