default firefox theme in Hoary

Kent Frazier kentfrazier at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 22:26:38 UTC 2005

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 08:46:15 -0800, Daniel Robitaille
<robitaille at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just noticed this morning that the default theme in Hoary's Firefox
> seems to have changed with the latest packages update.  And I can see
> this change in the changelogs:
>
> Changes:
>  mozilla-firefox (1.0+dfsg.1-2ubuntu4) hoary; urgency=low
>    * Enable gnomestripe theme
>
> While I can see that the new theme's icons seems to better integrate
> with Gnome defaults icons, I have to say that I have got used in the
> last few months to the upstream default Firefox theme.
>
> Is that default firefox theme available online as a standalone
> download? And better, would it be possible to at least make it
> available within Ubuntu's Firefox to give users easy access to the
> choice between the 2 "default" firefox themes in Hoary?

Glad I read before posting, cause I was essentially going to say the
same thing.  I see the value in using a Gnome theme for Firefox, but I
really prefer the original theme, and I don't know how to get it back,
as it doesn't seem to be available from mozilla.  What I would propose
instead of changing what theme default is, is to leave default as the
default Firefox skin, but include the Gnome theme in the deb and have
the config file installed point to it as the theme to use upon
install.  If this is possible, it would let the browser match by
default, but would allow people to easily switch to the default skin
is that is what they are used to or prefer.

Also, could some work at least be put into making the Gnome theme
scale better?  I like to Use Small Icons (from the Customize Toolbar
options) and the icons just don't look very good unless they are at
full size.  The firefox defaults used to be the same way, but in the
last few months they were improved so they look much better when
scaled down.

Kent