default firefox theme in Hoary

Eric Feliksik milouny at gmx.net
Sat Jan 29 17:19:01 UTC 2005

Daniel Robitaille wrote:
 > Just noticed this morning that the default theme in Hoary's Firefox
 > seems to have changed with the latest packages update.  And I can see
 > this change in the changelogs:
 >
 > Changes:
 >  mozilla-firefox (1.0+dfsg.1-2ubuntu4) hoary; urgency=low
 >    * Enable gnomestripe theme
 >
 > While I can see that the new theme's icons seems to better integrate
 > with Gnome defaults icons, I have to say that I have got used in the
 > last few months to the upstream default Firefox theme.
 >
 > Is that default firefox theme available online as a standalone
 > download? And better, would it be possible to at least make it
 > available within Ubuntu's Firefox to give users easy access to the
 > choice between the 2 "default" firefox themes in Hoary?

It's nice to standardize on an icon set (let firefox use the icon set
gnome uses). However, I get depressed when seeing those dull gray-green
edgy arrows of the standard gnome theme. Does anyone know if the
upstream gnome team considers developing a more fancy, colorful, though
subtle theme? The current one has been there for ages.

Yes, I understand this topic is highly inflammable, and that it's a
matter of taste. Therefore I propose not to make this subthread very long.

Eric