Syncing a Handspring Visor with Ubuntu Warty (was: Mobilephone/PDA combo that will sync with Ubuntu)

Brian Durant linuxnewbiedk at yahoo.dk
Fri Jan 28 14:48:21 UTC 2005

 --- Oliver Grawert <hostmaster at grawert.net> skrev:
> hi,
> Am Freitag, den 28.01.2005, 13:25 +0100 schrieb
> Brian Durant:
> > First, thanks to all that contributed to the
> mobile
> > phone/PDA discussion. I am still trying to get my
> > Handspring Visor to sync with GNOME Pilot in
> Ubuntu
> > Warty. Nothing happens when the Visor tries to
> > communicate with my PC. I have both a USB HotSync
> > cradle and a serial cable cradle. I haven't has
> any
> > success with either. Anyone have experience with
> this
> > issue? (Newbie alert)
> i collected the data from one of the last threads
> about this issue
> (since this comes up every two months it seems) it
> was for a handspring
> treo, but probably some of the steps there could
> help you too.
> if you found out how it works for your device it
> would be nice if you
> could add your experience there.
>
> https://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/PalmtopHowto

I am trying with the serial cradle at this time. The
general opinion seems to be that the serial cradle is
easier to deal with than USB (?) The wiki doesn't
cover that. I tried the following with no success:

ln -s /dev/ttyS0 /dev/pilot
chmod a+rw /dev/ttyS0

I found this at:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/PalmOS-HOWTO/pc-connect.html

Should I try the above again with /dev/ttyS1?
Cheers,

Brian