debian "*.deb" vs. ubuntu "*.deb"

Nathan Sprangers wolfe at cwazy.co.uk
Fri Jan 28 04:22:13 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 13:19 -0600, rellik wrote:
> there's a program (Valknut, DC client) that I want to get, but it
> doesn't offer an ubuntu download.  There is, however, a debian package
> for it.  Can I just use the debian package unedited?  and, if so, does
> that mean I can add debian mirrors to my apt/sources.list ?

This is what I found in Warty:

nathan at arrakis:~ $ apt-cache search directconnect
dcgui - Direct Connect Graphical client (GTK+) (peer-based file-sharing)
mldonkey-server - Door to the 'donkey' network

Here's what Canonical has to say about it:
http://www.ubuntulinux.org/support/documentation/faq/helpcenterfaq.2004-09-15.7453904394

~Nathan