CD Repository for Synaptic

Danilo Piazzalunga danilopiazza at libero.it
Thu Jan 27 17:08:32 UTC 2005

Matthew S-H wrote:
> I assume this is because I don't have my 2 CD drives
> mounting in "/cdrom/".  Instead, I had modified "/etc/fstab" so that my
> DVD player and CD burner mounted in "/mnt/hdc/" and "/mnt/hdd/"
> respectively.
[...]
> Is there any way to get Synaptic to recognize these mount points so I
> can add a repository from the CD?  I don't want to have to try to move
> it all back to "/cdrom/" (and I don't remember the exact directory
> structure of "/cdrom/").

Try to put this into your /etc/apt/apt.conf (if it doesn't exist, create it):

Acquire
{
  cdrom
  {
    mount "/mnt/hdc";
  };
};

For more details, see /usr/share/doc/apt/examples/configure-index.gz or try
"man 5 apt.conf".

--
Danilo Piazzalunga                     +--------------------+
PGP Key available at subkeys.pgp.net   | Linux User #245762 |