Dual batteries on thinkpad x31

Ubu Roi ravachol at home.nl
Sun Jan 23 16:30:48 UTC 2005

On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 02:31:37PM +0100, Tomas Krag wrote:

> Happily running Ubuntu on my thinkpad x31. One issue is that I have 2
> batteries, but the gnome applet will only monitor one of them.

> Any clues to getting support for 2 batteries using acpi?

I would like this too. About a year ago I requested an extension
of the gnome-battery-applet to monitor 2 batteries *separately*
but I never received a reply or noticed any work being done.
Maybe you can also try to nudge the responsible gnome-developers
to make this extension.

I have'nt checked recently but at that time the applet did monitor
both batteries but presented a kind of mean value.

There seem to be one or more patches available if you want to
try this yourself. Try google.

Ubu