Problem setting up Samba on Warty

karigna karigna at verizon.net
Sat Jan 22 19:59:36 UTC 2005

I did a search on the Ubuntu site and am using the doc located at:
http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/SettingUpSamba/view?searchterm=samba

I have no problems until I get to the section on mounting the share
specifically the smbmount command and I get the following error. Can
anyone help with this error? I'm attempting to access the share with a
Mac OSX machine but at this stage I can see explorer in the workgroup
browse window but I get an error "The alias "Explorer" could not be
opened, because the original item cannot be found"

kevin at explorer:~ $ sudo chmod u+s /usr/bin/smbmnt
Password:
kevin at explorer:~ $ sudo smbmount //explorer/myshare /home/kevin
Password:
4969: session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)
SMB connection failed

I've opened the samba ports in the firewall for incoming access.