HP Printers, HPLIP

Arnold Maestre arnold.maestre at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 09:34:04 UTC 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 20:58:41 +0000, Matthew Bassett
<ubuntu-users-1 at manymonkeys1.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>  Any move to add the HPLIP stuff from HP to Ubuntu?
>
>  It contains all sorts of useful stuff for printer maintenance (including
> cleaning and aligning print heads, which is something I have sorely missed
> under Linux)
>
>  (I had a go at installing from source, but made a right old mess what with
> having to redo the cups web interface and all)

Same here. There are files in HPLIP which already belong to some
ubuntu packages, so installing it from source results in a righteous
panic. I saw some effort in debian, I'll try and contact the
maintainers, since I've got a couple of HP printers which could be
used for testing...

--
Arnold Maestre