grip, ripperx & sound juicer

Andy Loates andy at the-bizz.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 20 06:57:45 UTC 2005

Need some help/advice with these apps.

grip wont read any cd loaded into either my cd or dvd drives. cdrom
device on config tab is set to either /dev/cdrom or /dev/dvd depending
on which one i try. However when I load the cd the little cdplayer
applet starts up with the correct track/artsist info but no sound.

Downloaded and install ripperx - gtk equivilent - same result wont read
cd. now i was getting angry.

Then moved onto sound juicer. Great, cd read ok, track listing appeared,
but wait for it, it wont let me rip mp3 files. Ok with .ogg and .wav but
not .mp3

As far as I can tell all permission on the Drives are ok as are
ownerships which are set as defaults.

Anyone out there have any suggestions.

Many thanks