hoary: locales fails to configure

Ilmari Vacklin wolv at sci.fi
Wed Jan 19 16:37:20 UTC 2005

Hello,

I'm having a problem with the locales package in Hoary. For some reason, the
install fails with a 'trap: 384: ERR: bad trap', as shown below. I
*think* this started happening after I did a 'dpkg-reconfigure --all'
for the fun of it. I might have done a ^C while it was running, too.

This has now happened on at least two versions of locales that have been
seen in the repository.

$ sudo apt-get install locales
Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 9 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B of archives.
After unpacking 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Setting up locales (2.3.2.ds1-20ubuntu1) ...
trap: 384: ERR: bad trap
dpkg: error processing locales (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
 locales

Running 'dpkg-reconfigure locales' complains that the package is not fully
installed.

I'm not sure if this actually affects my installation in any way, but it
sure is annoying. :)

Thanks,

--
wolverian