Help on customizing LiveCD

Roberto Rosselli Del Turco rosselli at ling.unipi.it
Tue Jan 18 19:34:44 UTC 2005

Hi all, I'm a long time GNOME fan and contributor (translations,
documentation and some articles for an Italian magazine) and I would
like to create a LiveCD optimized for TEI (http://www.tei-c.org/) XML
text editing and processing; I would also like to include GTK+/GNOME
programs that might be useful to academic people like me (Pybliographic,
for instance). Unfortunately my programming skills are next to nil, so I
hope it's not too hard.

Where do I start to create a customized version of the Ubuntu Live CD?
After looking on the Ubuntu site, I found a LiveCdCustomizationHowTo
which is unfortunately empty, perhaps because you're moving from a
"standard" morphix LiveCD system to a different one?

Any help welcome, many thanks in advance.

Ciao

Roberto Rosselli Del Turco      roberto.rossellidelturco at unito.it
Dipartimento di Scienze         rosselli at ling.unipi.it
del Linguaggio                  Then spoke the thunder  DA
Universita' di Torino           Datta: what have we given?  (TSE)

  Hige sceal the heardra,     heorte the cenre,
  mod sceal the mare,       the ure maegen litlath.  (Maldon 312-3)