Ubuntu release names/version numbers

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 05:00:18 UTC 2005

> > >Looks like they're sorted alphabetically. :o)
> >
> >  MacOS X 10.6 'Zebra'? ;-))
>
> In all fairness, it was a wild guess. I just checked that 10.0 was
> codenamed Cheetah, but 10.1 was Puma, so the theory doesn't hold
> water, unfortunately. :o)

Lucky zebra, only the cheetah can actually have it for lunch and that
would've been a lot of versions before its time (though, a zebra ain't
a cat so I suspect that it's not on the books). I'm sure there are
cats that come after the tiger in the alphabet. And, however unsexy
ocelot may be, I'd still like to see a project code named ocelot :)

Eric.