Warty install problem using a LG CRD-8360B CD-ROM

Shot (Piotr Szotkowski) shot at shot.pl
Mon Jan 17 20:12:33 UTC 2005

Hello.

I'm having problems trying to install Warty using a LG CRD-8360B CD-ROM
- the installer hangs when trying to load the ide-cd module. I tried
skipping the module (with expert install), but, not surprisingly, the
installer won't go anywhere without mounting the CD-ROM drive.

Now that I think of it, I tried Warty LiveCD on that machine a couple of
weeks ago and it didn't complete the boot, most probably because of the
same reason (I didn't have time to investigate back then).

I tried googling for the drive and ide-cd,
but I didn't find anything useful.

Cheers,
-- Shot
--
         I love the way Microsoft follows standards. In much the same
         manner that fish follow migrating caribou.   -- Paul Tomblin