USB key : what to do to get it working ???

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jan 17 13:42:17 UTC 2005

> See which devices are new after inserting the USB disk (probably sda1,
> sdb or somthing like them) and then use 'pmount /dev/sdb' (use the
> correct name there) to mount it at /media/sdb.

Yeah, Jason sorted me fine. "sudo mount -t vfat -o
uid=<user_name> /dev/sdxy /media/usb" works fine, once the devices have
been created. But the problem (see my other mails) is that Ubuntu only
creates the USB devices (sg1, sdb, sdb1 in my case), when BOOTING the
machine !!! :-/ So I am now trying to figure out how to create the
devices once Ubuntu i started, so that I don't have to reboot.
Doesnt seem straighforward at all though, really hoping it will be fixed
for Hoary...

Vince