non-root scanner

Søren Hauberg soren at hauberg.org
Sun Jan 16 20:28:09 UTC 2005

Hi
Thanks for the reply
I just tried to chmod 777 /dev/lp0 (which I asume is the device that
sane calls parport0) and it didn't change anything ;-(
I'd prefer not having to suid each program that uses sane, since I'd
like to use sane from python, and running all my python scripts as root
is not a good idea...

Thanks,
Søren