Reply-To issues proposed for Community Council agenda [Was: This Mailinglist]

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Sat Jan 15 23:08:54 UTC 2005

Ewan Mac Mahon wrote:

>Finally while open source may indeed be about "enablement and
>empowerment" using it is also about learning, and about community.
>Ignoring explanations and reasoned arguements in favour of making
>wild erroneous allegations doesn't help you with either.

Community is accepting the wish of the majority -- you will not do it
because you feel it violates some age-old principle that you subscribe
to, and feel that this enables you to belittle anybody who states an
alternative viewpoint.

"Ignoring... reasoned arguments" is precisely what you are doing. That
is quite sad... especially that you cannot see it.  I am sure that the
slave traders in Bristol put up a very similar argument to yourself in
the late 19th Century... thankfully, reason prevailed then.

Sean