mixing mailboxes in the command line and the gui

Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski opi at cyb3r.org
Fri Jan 14 14:07:45 UTC 2005

On Friday 14 of January 2005 14:49, josé ángel madrid gómez wrote:

> Mmmmm, that seems spectacular. My own machine as my email server, wow.

 Works for me from ages. ;-)

> -will I be able to read the emails i have downloaded yet?

 From where? If you have static/dynamic IP that is visible in Internet, you
can login or use some web based mail client. If you're talking about Console
Client vs. X Client, then yes. With IMAP you don't download anything. You
just (not you, The Client;-) query server for data. He fetch it and serves to
you. If you'll read something at console, when you'll go to the X, your mail
will be still there, marked as read. ;-)

> -will I be able to use some others email servers with thunderbird, those
> i am using yet?

 Why not? You can configure fetchmail to fetch e-mails from POP3 server around
into your box, and those e-mails will be served by your IMAP. But you can
still add another account to Thunderbird and use it in ,,old way''.

--
 Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski, TPnets.com department of software
 http://opi.pegasos.pl