unofficial mplayer

Pybe squalidstuff at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 13:58:38 UTC 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:49:51 +0100, Antonio <debian at fastwebnet.it> wrote:
> I guess you should add the other repositories (universe and multiverse),
> check the FAQ.

I have this in my /etc/apt/sources/list:
## Uncomment the following two lines to fetch updated software from the network
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ warty main restricted
deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ warty main restricted

## Uncomment the following two lines to add software from the 'universe'
## repository.
## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the Ubuntu
## team, and may not be under a free licence. Please satisfy yourself as to
## your rights to use the software. Also, please note that software in
## universe WILL NOT receive any review or updates from the Ubuntu security
## team.
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ warty universe
deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ warty universe

deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ warty-security main restricted
deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ warty-security main restricted

deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ warty multiverse
deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ warty multiverse

deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ stable main
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ testing main

## From mailing list to get Firefox & Thunderbird Latest
deb http://ubuntu-bp.sourceforge.net/ubuntu/ warty-backports-staging
main universe
deb http://ubuntu-bp.sourceforge.net/ubuntu/ warty-backports main universe

If i try to install a few packages i get the broken issue:
pybe at help:~ $ sudo apt-get install mplayer-686
Password:
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  mplayer-686: Depends: mplayer-586 but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

Also:
pybe at help:~ $ sudo apt-get install dvdrip
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  dvdrip: Depends: transcode (>= 2:0.6.14) but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

And:
pybe at help:~ $ sudo apt-get install transcode
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  transcode: Depends: libdvdread2 but it is not installable
             Depends: libvorbis0 (>= 1.0rc3-1) but it is not installable
E: Broken packages

Interstingly libvorbis0 gives:
pybe at help:~ $ sudo apt-get install libvorbis0
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Package libvorbis0 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
  libvorbisfile3 libvorbisenc2 libvorbis0a
E: Package libvorbis0 has no installation candidate

And i find that those packages are installed...
pybe at help:~ $ dpkg-query -l libvor*
||/ Name                              Version
 Description
+++-=================================-=================================-==================================================================================
un  libvorbis0                        <none>
 (no description available)
ii  libvorbis0a                       1.0.1-1
 The Vorbis General Audio Compression Codec
ii  libvorbisenc2                     1.0.1-1
 The Vorbis General Audio Compression Codec
ii  libvorbisfile3                    1.0.1-1
 The Vorbis General Audio Compression Codec

So where does that leave me?

Pybe