Using floppies

Norman Silverstone norman at littletank.org
Fri Jan 14 10:06:24 UTC 2005

Could someone please explain the following. I mount a floppie containing
some files. On double clicking the icon which appears on the desktop I
get a window showing the contents of the floppy. If I now run an
application such as OpenOffice and select open file and look at the list
given for desktop the file of the contents of the floppy does not show.
However, if I copy one of the files from the floppie window to the
desktop that does show. My reason for asking is that from time to time I
need to use floppies and I am trying to work out the simplest way of
handling them.

Norman