Nvu

Juan LupiĆ³n jlupion at alcornoque.jazztel.es
Thu Jan 13 19:42:47 UTC 2005

Vincent Trouilliez wrote:
>>Is anyone packaging Nvu already?
>>
>>The up-to-date version is 0.7 and there is not one deb package
>>available (Debian also).
>>
>>Markus
>

> There is no deb package, but there is a Debian tar.gz. that's already
> compiled.  Just download it, untar it and just start "nvu-bin".
>
> It's for Debian/Linspire with a 2.4 Kernel, but as far as I can see, it
> works fine with Ubuntu.

Just for the record, I downloaded and found the following error:

juan at descendiente:~/opt/nvu-0.60 $ ./nvu
./nvu-bin: error while loading shared libraries:
libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

The solution was easy:

sudo apt-get  install libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2

And it seems to be working fine now.