changing resolution without screen

ulrich steffens ulrich at barfuss-jerusalem.org
Thu Jan 13 12:34:37 UTC 2005

as the former poster said:
you should be able to 'toggle/switch' through the resolutions with
	Ctrl + Alt + (+ or -)
(its like Alt + Tab switching through apps in win... ;)
if this works, be happy and have fun with gnome :)
you should then in gnome open a terminal and type
	sudo gedit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
find the line(s) where it says
	Modes       "1600x1200" "1280x1024" "1024x768" "800x600"
and delete all entries for 1600x1200. save. done.

if this wont work:
hit Ctrl + Alt +F1 or F2...
then you can switch to a console.
login, and type 'sudo nano /etc/X11/XF86Config-4'
and do the same as above.

theres maybe another solution with 'dpkg' but i'll never use it.

hope this helps
	- ulrich

--
- ulrich