Problem with libgtksourceview1.0-0

Myles Green rmg57 at telus.net
Thu Jan 13 03:56:34 UTC 2005

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 18:06:21 -0500
Matthew B Philmon <mattisking at pobox.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm having trouble updating the libgtksourceview1.0-0 package. Below
> is
> my attempt to do an "apt-get -f install" to correct the problem. It's
> Hoary so I'm used to breakages right now but I can't install any of
> the
> other updates until I get this fixed and removing the offending
> package
> removes TONS of other packages. Any suggestions what I could try
> (other
> than simply waiting)? I'm not completely certain if this is a problem
> others are having or not or I'd just wait.
>
> Matt
>

> $ sudo apt-get -f install
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> Correcting dependencies... Done
>   libgtksourceview-common
>   libgtksourceview-common
> 1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 57 not upgraded.
> 5 not fully installed or removed.
> Need to get 0B/260kB of archives.
> After unpacking 32.8kB of additional disk space will be used.
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
> Reading changelogs... Done
>
> Preconfiguring packages ...
> (Reading database ... 118966 files and directories currently
> installed.)
> Preparing to replace libgtksourceview-common 1.1.1-1 (using
> .../libgtksourceview-common_1.1.90-0ubuntu1_all.deb) ...
> Unpacking replacement libgtksourceview-common ...
> dpkg: error processing
> /var/cache/apt/archives/libgtksourceview-common_1.1.90-0ubuntu1_all.d
> eb
> (--unpack):
>  trying to overwrite
> `/usr/share/gtksourceview-1.0/language-specs/nemerle.lang', which is
> also in package libgtksourceview-cil
> dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
>  /var/cache/apt/archives/libgtksourceview-common_1.1.90-0ubuntu1_all.
>  deb

sudo dpkg --force-overwrite --install
/var/cache/apt/archives/libgtksourceview-common_1.1.90-0ubuntu1_all.deb

You might want to make a quick check of the dpkg man-page but I'm pretty
sure the above will fix things for you. BTW, that's supposed to be all
on one line... darned word-wrap anyway ;-)

HTH,

- --
Myles Green <rmg57 at telus dot net> Calgary AB Canada
Ubuntu Linux 5.04 "Hoary Hedgehog" Dev. Branch
http://www.ubuntulinux.org/
GnuPG public key (9D02F338)  http://keyserver-beta.pgp.com/