Problem with libgtksourceview1.0-0

Matthew B Philmon mattisking at pobox.com
Wed Jan 12 23:06:21 UTC 2005

Hey all,

I'm having trouble updating the libgtksourceview1.0-0 package. Below is
my attempt to do an "apt-get -f install" to correct the problem. It's
Hoary so I'm used to breakages right now but I can't install any of the
other updates until I get this fixed and removing the offending package
removes TONS of other packages. Any suggestions what I could try (other
than simply waiting)? I'm not completely certain if this is a problem
others are having or not or I'd just wait.

Matt

$ sudo apt-get -f install
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
  libgtksourceview-common
  libgtksourceview-common
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 57 not upgraded.
5 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B/260kB of archives.
After unpacking 32.8kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
Reading changelogs... Done

Preconfiguring packages ...
(Reading database ... 118966 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace libgtksourceview-common 1.1.1-1 (using
.../libgtksourceview-common_1.1.90-0ubuntu1_all.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement libgtksourceview-common ...
dpkg: error processing
/var/cache/apt/archives/libgtksourceview-common_1.1.90-0ubuntu1_all.deb
(--unpack):
 trying to overwrite
`/usr/share/gtksourceview-1.0/language-specs/nemerle.lang', which is
also in package libgtksourceview-cil
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libgtksourceview-common_1.1.90-0ubuntu1_all.deb