Switching video cards : "HowTo" ??

Brian Craft bcboy at thecraftstudio.com
Wed Jan 12 18:42:14 UTC 2005

I recently did the same thing. The problem was that I'd manually
modified the config file sometime previously. The reconfigure tool keeps
an md5 of the file and won't overwrite it if it has been manually
changed. However it doesn't warn you before discarding your inputs.

I resolved this by manually editing the file to select the correct
driver. This was much simpler and faster than running the reconfigure
tool. If you want to use the tool you have to generate a new md5. The
top of the file has comments describing how to do this.

b.c.