Congratulations and some questions! (Applist, MplayerPlugin, NautilusSSH!, Cups)

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jan 4 23:49:32 UTC 2005

> But I already found some Bugs (?) - or you show me better, and its just
> features ; )

> 2. the mplayer plugin for mozilla downloads media files, buffers them,
> but hangs after buffering not playing the files forever. Howto fix that?

I would love to hear about that myself ! This problem keeps me from
listening to on-line radios ! I can listen to old/archived programs,
becausr they are stored in the Real Player format, and this happens to
work. But when trying to listen to teh station live, it doesn't work,
because it uses Windows Media Player format, not Real Player.... :o(

> 3.using univers and multiverse sources, I installed Quanta, which
> does not appear in the Applications list.
> Shouldn't that be done by the Packages or is there a way to adjust that
> manually afterwards?

I never considered that as a bug. I prefer it this way actually. It
gives me the choice to put the icon of my choice, in the menu of my
choice, with a name of my choice.

> I accept that multiverse and universe is not the stable ubuntu repository

If you are running the stable Ubuntu (Warty) then your Multiverse and
Universe ARE stable too. If not, there is a problem, so please file it
into bugzilla and/or on this list.

> Are these questions better asked here or is Ubuntu running a Bugzilla
> where to put these issues better?

I have been asking this recently. For bugs, if you are sure it's a bug,
file it into Bugzilla.
If it's a feature request, best to post it here, with a clear enough
subject line so that the Ubuntu developpers can spot it easily.

Vince