Congratulations and some questions! (Applist, MplayerPlugin, NautilusSSH!, Cups)

kloschi at subsignal.org kloschi at subsignal.org
Tue Jan 4 22:38:44 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm doing Linux since more than 7 years now - and I have never seen a
smooth, well preconfigured, well running Distribution like Ubuntu
before.
Big Congratulations to the Ubuntu Team who evolved Debian to a next
Level!

But I already found some Bugs (?) - or you show me better, and its just
features ; )

1. A very important problem for me is that nautilus ssh doesn't work
for me. I do:
	a) Computer -> Home Directory
	b) File -> Connect to server
	c) Choose ssh, type ip, type username -> Connect
	--> an ssh-folder-icon with the ip address as name appears on the
Desktop
	d) clicking on that gives me a popup which says "Opening IP. You can
	abort that Action by pressing Cancel." (I freely translated that from
	the German popup ; ) ) this message lasts there forever and I never get
	connected to the remote machine
What am I doing wrong?

2. the mplayer plugin for mozilla downloads media files, buffers them,
but hangs after buffering not playing the files forever. Howto fix that?

3.using univers and multiverse sources, I installed Quanta, which
does not appear in the Applications list.
Shouldn't that be done by the Packages or is there a way to adjust that
manually afterwards?
I accept that multiverse and universe is not the stable ubuntu
repository
and so 2 and 3 are not real ubuntu-bugs. I'm just asking.

4. A bit strange is, that it is not possible to log into Cups from the
browser frontend (http://localhost:631) with the SudoUser. Maybe that
shoould
get fixed.

Are these questions better asked here or is Ubuntu running a Bugzilla
where to
put these issues better?

Once again - Best Distro I've ever seen so far! Thanx for so much work!

warm regards,
kloschi

- --
its better to burn out than to fade away ..