(no subject) [php and mysql]

Raoul Snyman raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
Sat Jan 1 22:13:37 UTC 2005

> Problem:
> Getting the following error when trying to connect to a mysql data base
> using php.
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in
> /var/www/mysql/contacts/createTable.php
> If I browse to <? phpinfo() ?> I do not see a section listed for mysql.
> If I type mysql in a shell I do get a mysql> prompt so I know mysql is
> running.
> Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. I'm a newbie to
> linux, php, mysql and apache2.

it sounds like you don't have the "php-mysql" extension package installed.
look for that using the syntaptic package manager, and install it. that
should solve your problem.

by the way bill, when you send an e-mail to the mailing list, it helps the
rest of us if you include a nice descriptive subject line... :-)

--
Raoul Snyman
Saturn Laboratories
E-Mail:   raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za