(no subject)

Brisbois, Bill brisbois at ti.com
Sat Jan 1 17:19:24 UTC 2005

Problem:
Getting the following error when trying to connect to a mysql data base
using php.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in
/var/www/mysql/contacts/createTable.php

The following is the code in createTable.php up to where I get the
error.

#!/usr/bin/php
<?php
$user="xxxx";
$password="xxxx";
$database="people";
$host="localhost";
$link = mysql_connect($host,$user,$password);

I have ran other php scripts that did not use mysql and they are
displayed just fine.

If I browse to <? phpinfo() ?> I do not see a section listed for mysql.
If I type mysql in a shell I do get a mysql> prompt so I know mysql is
running.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. I'm a newbie to
linux, php, mysql and apache2.

regards,
brisbois