Automagical mounting no longer working

zer0halo zerohalo at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 01:09:32 UTC 2005

> 1.- are you sure that it's running?

Ok, that's the problem. Gnome-volume-manager isn't running. When I
went to click on Removable Devices, it gave me an error saying that
HALD was not running. How do I get hald to run?

> 2.- are you sure that hal it's working (see device manager , hald and udevd
> running)?

HAL is working. Device manager runs. However HALD doesn't seem to be running.

> 3.- have you done some system upgrade (kernel, initscripts...)

Not to my knowledge.

> (PS: i'm not an expert in hotplug, but these are the first thing i learned
> when this thing fails)

Thanks for the help. By the way, I found that if I log out and log in
as root, the automounting works (except for my iPod, but that might be
a separte problem). So it's something with my default user setting.

My user is a member of the plugdev group.

--
"Impossible is nothing."