ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 6, Issue 335

Mohammed Masud belal1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 02:58:54 UTC 2005

>>I've used the latest mplayer download along with mozplugger and I can
>>get the mplayer plugin working on audio and most video streams so far.
>>However, I have no control of audio streams other than controlling sound
>>volume in Gnome, not Firefox.  Is there supposed to be a way to obtain
>>basic mplayer plugin controls with Firefox?
>>
>>--
>>maddog

Not really answering your question but this is a work around.  Try
using Xine instead of MPlayer.  It can play anything MPlayer can
aslong as you have the w32codecs.  Follow the instructions over at
UbuntuGuide.org and remove MPlayer before anything.  Install the xine
libraries, gxine and the w32codecs.  also reinstall the mozplugger
incase firefox doesn't register gxine properly.  This always works for
me.

-Belal