Multimedia Hell :-/

Luis Murillo lmurillo at gmx.net
Sun Feb 27 04:59:10 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-02-27 at 17:32 +1300, Bill Christiansen wrote:
>This Marillat repo worked for me:
> #deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main
>
>I disabled it after getting what I wanted.
>I'm currently using Totem-xine & mozplugger, I followed the directions
>in the unofficial starter guide. There was instructions there for
>mplayer as well but a Pent 4 was recommended.
>
>Anyway Totem-xine with the w32codecs seems to handle most Windows-media,
>Quicktime and Real media streams.

I have to add that Xine is not working as it use to :s
I can't seem to be able to play anything at normal speed, it always
gives me the error of too much frames are being dropped so I can't watch
any video. I can't seem to be able to use the xv so I'm using the xshm
and it don't work well. The thing is that if I use Knoppix it works well
with xv and I have no problems. What can I do??
I have a Trident Cyberblade 2D/3D video card with 8MB of memory is not
much but it use to be able to play videos in Xine. MPlayer simply uses
all of my system's resources and only way out is a soft-reset :s

--
Luis Murillo <lmurillo at gmx.net>