Is my Ubuntu hacked (and being controlled by a hacker?)

Michael Anckaert michael.anckaert at scarlet.be
Sat Feb 26 13:53:59 UTC 2005

On za, 2005-02-26 at 05:37 -0800, Behrang Saeedzadeh wrote:
>Hi
>
>Today I suddenly noticed that when I move the mouse suddenly the
>cursor moves to random places and some menus, windows, and ... are
>being clicked although that I don't press any of the mouse buttons?
>
>Could it be that my system is hacked? If so, how can I be sure that
>I'm hacked and how can I stop the hacker from controlling my computer?
>
>As a side not, this all happened shortly after I changed my desktop
>theme. Could this be the reason that I'm hacked?
>
>Best Regards,
>--
>
>Behrang Saeedzadeh
>http://www.jroller.com/page/behrangsa

Hello Behrang,
I also had the 'jumping mouse' problem. It happened because my mouse got
broken or something inside the mouse got screwed up. Menu's and windows
kept opening, closing or moving at random. I bought a new mouse (a
wonderfull Logitech MX1000 Laser) and all is fine now :-).

I doubt the 'hacked' part but it is possible. Where did you download the
theme from? Or was it included with Ubuntu?
Could be that your VNC server is open and that someone connected to it.

--
With kind regards,
Michael Anckaert