How do I change BIOS setting to LBA as GRUB wont start WinXP of NTFS - newbie

Lindsay judenlinz at orcon.net.nz
Fri Feb 25 20:10:04 UTC 2005

This is the recent CMOS setting I sent to Nick.   Do you (anyone) see
which
setting then has to be changed by force to fool Grub into thinking the
hda1 is LBA?   I'll leave you to think about it.........

I have been back to CMOS Setup (1984-2002 Award Software - Standard CMOS
Features)
Nick, there was noting I could chnage under Hard Drive options that even
had LBA as an Option.
Date
Time
IDE Primary Slave  [Maxtor 6Y060L0]
IDE Primary Slave  [CD-ROM 48X/AKU]
IDE Secondary Master [CD-RW BCE1610IM]
IDE Secondary Slave [None]

Drive A
Drive B
Floppy 3 Mode Support

Video
Halt On
Base memory
Extended Memory
Total Memory
===============
-Advanced BIOS FEatures

BIOS Flash Protection     [Auto]
Processor Serial Number   [Disabled]
First Boot Device         [Floppy]
Seconf Boot Device        [CDROM]
Third Boot Device         [HDD-1] -other options for this are:HDD-2
                                                              HDD-3
                                                              ZIP
                                                              USB-FDD
                                                              USB-ZIP