tksysv, ntsysv, chkconfig, Tomcat, and Ubuntu :-)

Albin Blaschka albin.blaschka at sbg.ac.at
Fri Feb 25 13:45:45 UTC 2005

Behrang Saeedzadeh schrieb:
[...]
> Also it asks to save the init script in /etc/rc.d/init.d but I think
> in Ubuntu I've to save it in /etc/init.d am I right?
> Copy the script to the /etc/rc.d/init.d directory after modifying the JAVA_HOME
> CATALINA_HOME environment variables to fit your system. Then, set the new
> tomcat4 service to start and stop automatically by using tksysv, ntsysv, or
> chkconfig as shown earlier in this section.

Hello,

as far as I am concerned, I would try the following:

* Open a root terminal (or do "sudo su" in a normal terminal)
* copy the script into /etc/init.d/ (yes, you are right...)
* execute the following command: update-rc.d <name of script> defaults

Normally, that's it - test it and report back, please ;-)

greetings, albin