my wifi isn't reloaded when I restart the computer

Mark Roach mrroach at okmaybe.com
Sun Feb 20 03:50:59 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-19 at 23:35 +0100, Virginie Quesnay wrote:
>Hello,
>I've a problem whith my wireless network.
>The wifi network is correctly configured and it works fine.
>When I restart the computer, the wifi is not automatically loaded during
>boot (the computer loop during a while when it's loading network).
>Then I must start the wifi with "ifup ath0" or with the graphical tool
>"network-admin".

I don't see a way to make a device activate on boot through
network-admin, so I'll tell you the eveel command line way :-)

Edit /etc/network/interfaces. You should see some configuration info
there for your network card. Right above the line that says "iface ath0
inet blah" add a line that says "auto ath0". That should do the trick.

-Mark