Mounted drives missing in 'Places'-Menu after dist-upgrade

Totzo ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Thu Feb 17 10:23:13 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've been puzzling over this one too and think I have the answer, I
came upon it by accident while I was fixing something else (no dma on
my optical drives) article 'here'
(http://www.togaware.com/linux/survivor/Disk_Parameters.shtml)

anyway, I installed "hwtools" and edited the /etc/init.d/hwtools file
as suggested in the article and it worked, I then added this:

if command -v invoke-rc.d dbus-1 >/dev/null 2>&1; then
invoke-rc.d dbus-1 restart
fi

As I am not very knowledgable about these things I'm not sure why but
it seems to work, All my places are back on boot and no problems yet.

cheers, T

--
Totzo