TV support

rkimber at ntlworld.com rkimber at ntlworld.com
Wed Feb 16 11:21:03 UTC 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 14:57:18 -0800
Nathan Howell <nathan at crapbox.org> wrote:

> That's about all I did, and it's working great with mythtv. I may get
> around to packaging it myself, since I've been wanting to learn debian
> packaging anyway, but I don't know when I'll get a chance. I also
> don't
> know what issues there are with that firmware and packaging it
> legally.

Thanks, but isn't it mythtv that's the problem?  I've tried on other
distrib. and run into endless dependency issues and I was told you have
to recompile qt, etc.  Also, I've run into device problems, etc, but I
assume a deb package could set up all the correct devices and
permissions.

Actually, a package with everything but the firmware would be great, but
is that possible? (So long as the firmware extraction program is present
 that's not a problem).  But I thought that ivtv had to be compiled with
 the specific kernel headers  and  source in place.  But I know less
about these  things  than you  do.  And I never got any of it to
compile on an amd64 with either 32bit or 64bit system.

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber
http://www.psr.keele.ac.uk/