NFS browsing in Hoary?

Nitebirdz nitebirdz at sacredchaos.com
Tue Feb 15 21:15:32 UTC 2005

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 10:50:08PM +1100, David Coldrick wrote:
> I don't think that's true, because I *have* used a linux distro (Sun's
> JDS) - gnome-based - that did allow that. The mounting thing might
> indeed be an issue, tho.
>
> I seem to recall that the bowsing feature was considered "insecure" by
> some: need to investigate further.
>
> Other feedback welcome.

I believe you are referring to the same feature included in Xandros,
although as far as I remember it is proprietary.  I believe they took
the feature from Corel when they purchased the disrtibution a few years
ago.  I haven't been able to find any similar open source project
though.

http://linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/5723/5/
http://linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/5723/5/screenshot3224/