install help

Xian ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Mon Feb 14 23:24:59 UTC 2005

Mitja Wrote:
> I like to install Ubuntu 4.1 on my computer.
> I have SuSE 9.2 Pro on and also Windows XP. I like to installl Ubuntu
> on XP
> partion
If you have S-9.2 installed then you already have a grub bootloader
installed on your root partition. After you install Ubuntu all you need
to do is make an entry in your SuSE's /boot/grub/menu.lst that reflects
the new kernel and initrd file information. Then SuSE will list that as
an option on your next reboot and you can bring up Ubuntu.

Something like this (just and example):

Code:
    ###Don't change this comment - YaST2 identifier: Original name: Ubuntu Linux###
  title Ubuntu Linux
  kernel (hd0,5)/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8.1-4-686 root=/dev/hda6 ro vga=791 quiet splash
  initrd (hd0,5)/boot/initrd.img-2.6.8.1-4-68

--
Xian