Hoary / Gnome 2.10 : worth it ?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Mon Feb 14 18:42:47 UTC 2005

> Menu editing never worked (yeah, I know, now you will say it worked,
> but it had serious problems),

Yes, it's not perfect, I agree. But at least, it was there, with 2.10,
there is nothing left at all (for human beings ie)  !!! :-O

> About the mixer: I have a sblive and previous gnome mixers were
> *unuseable*, with their 50+ sliders, so I'd say this is a big
> improvement over the previous one.

Ah yes, I understand. That's what Sebastien showed in his pics.
As I said, I have the opposite problem (lucky me ? ;o).
This why I prefer the 2.4 mixer, you can select what channels you want.
this was removed for 2.6 and 2.8, and now it's back again with 2.10...
It's like the K/B shortcut for hiding/showing hidden files, was absent
in older Gnome version, was luckily introduced in 2.8, and it's gone in
2.10

This "take it/give it back" thing is annoying. That said, it means that
should a feature annoy people in the future, there is hope that it will
eventuallt get removed at some point. So it's not all bad I
suppose... ;o)

Vince